KW group Vernon J Morewhite DDS

easterneagle87

easterneagle87

A beat up group I just acquired.

I found a name inside the hat. Vernon J. Morewhite, DDS.

The ribbon bars has stateside (WW2 American Theater and Victory ribbons) and then Korean War w/China Service medals. And yes, I should've flipped the bottom bar around. I just saw it once I posted the picture.

Single LT shoulder board w/ medical insignia.

Got it on Letgo from Southern California. Seller said the guy sold his house with all the contents and took off to travel.

I tried to Google his name, but just got he was in So Cal general info. Can anyone provide anymore info on the Korean War vet?

post-9131-0-73914400-1508296242_thumb.jpg

No luck for me with the name either. Sarge8 and I check some of the same sources. I also did a search for the name in NewspaperArchives.com and came up empty. I'd also like to see a photo of the name. I'd enjoy seeing more pics of the cap and the two medals.

easterneagle87

Here is a shot of the tag I pulled out of the plastic pocket on the linside label of the hat. Holy crap am I dyslexic, short attention span, etc. It would help to get the name right. I swear I looked at it more than three times. Try this one: CROSSWHITE

post-9131-0-55628800-1508802997_thumb.jpg

Don't you hate it when you check and double check, and still make a mistake? We all do it!

Here's your guy - a photo of Vernon J Crosswhite from Indiana University in 1948 - School of Dentistry.

post-61052-0-41822500-1508814890.jpg

Seems to be a very illusive man to find. Born about 1923. Lives or lived in North Hollywood. Married Betty Killion in 1948. That's all I could find.