EOD Pry Bar

thorin6

Not sure where this fits in, but since it's for the EOD (Explosive Ordnance Disposal) Units, I'm putting it here. Picked this up several weeks ago at the local flea market, went on line to the company's web site to find that they also sell these to first responders in two different sizes. The person I bought it from said he was told it was used to pry plates and other things off IEDs and such. Be that as it may, I thought it was a good addition to my other EOD material.

post-11546-0-39384600-1508109870_thumb.jpg

post-11546-0-96452900-1508109878_thumb.jpg

While on the manufacturer's web site (or maybe one of the sellers) I saw how to make a grip for the tool using parachord. I used the Youtube video there to put a grip with a wrist loop to finish off the tool. Came out okay, but I'm not happy with the last tie before I made the loop. However, it displays well so it stays.

post-11546-0-12575200-1508110091_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I have several. Sold by CountyComm.com in recent years. They are a govt contractor but Im not sure who contracted this particular tool.

I have several. Sold by CountyComm.com in recent years. They are a govt contractor but Im not sure who contracted this particular tool.

The pry bar was made by EOD Robotics; 4QK35 is their cage code so that would mean they were the contractor for this particular item.

CountyComm sold them, I bought a couple. CountyComm is a govt contractor, I dont know if they are affiliated with EOD Robotics or not. Theyre a good buy at $17.50

https://countycomm.com/products/eod-robotics-breacher-bar

Looks like they have their own cage code put on the pry bars they sell (even if EOD developed them). That also looks like one of the sites I went to to figure out how to attach the paracord. The one I have came from military issue; I don't know if County Comm, Inc. sells them to the military.