5th Infantry Division NOK Set and Ribbon Bar

Tentitans112887

Tentitans112887

Just got these. I was attempting to get his late-war tags with J-hook, but I miraculously found these in a separate auction. The tags belonged to Charles P. Greenway of Arkansas. Mr. Greenway served in Company K, 10th Infantry Regiment, 5th Infantry Division. His memorial page notes that he saw a lot of action with the 5th. The set looks to have had a lot of neck time because both holes are misshapen and/or parts of the rolled edge are missing. post-159555-0-24943500-1508032827_thumb.jpeg

Great set I just posted a dog tag and reunion tag that belonged to a vet that was in the 5th Infantry Division but I am not sure of the regiment yet.

Tentitans112887

Great set I just posted a dog tag and reunion tag that belonged to a vet that was in the 5th Infantry Division but I am not sure of the regiment yet.

Thanks! I saw that tag and reunion tag, very nice.

I haven't had any luck identifying his regiment or company. I did see some rosters but they were all officers and no enlisted.

Tentitans112887

I didnt have much luck with rosters either. I always like to have the rosters to back up anything stated from the WWII Memorial page or Findagrave, but I struck out on the 5th rosters. Good luck on your search; Ill keep my eyes open for both names.

Nice tags!

As for the info provided by the Memorial page: to my knowledge the 5th was not active in The Netherlands and Belgium and during the Battle of the Bulge they saw action in Luxembourg.

Rene

Nice tags!

As for the info provided by the Memorial page: to my knowledge the 5th was not active in The Netherlands and Belgium and during the Battle of the Bulge they saw action in Luxembourg.

Rene

Here is a couple of maps that show there position during the battle.

post-24366-0-44540300-1508547426_thumb.jpeg