Ranger Jungle Fatigues

copper252

I picked up some Jungle Jackets recently and today I noticed that it once had a ranger scroll on it, would this be Vietnam or post war. It is dated 1969 so I'm guessing it didn't have much use in Vietnam. What Ranger Patch would have gone here. It looks like the Name on the name tape was Ruosch.

post-163795-0-83795900-1507939128_thumb.jpg

post-163795-0-75948800-1507939183_thumb.jpg

post-163795-0-77472400-1507939314_thumb.jpg

post-163795-0-14028300-1507939395_thumb.jpg

MilRGRHistory

I picked up some Jungle Jackets recently and today I noticed that it once had a ranger scroll on it, would this be Vietnam or post war. It is dated 1969 so I'm guessing it didn't have much use in Vietnam. What Ranger Patch would have gone here. It looks like the Name on the name tape was Ruosch.

This outline is of the 1984 redesign when 3/75 was stood up and all of the Battalion and RHQ scrolls became the same shape. In the mid 80s, it wasn't uncommon for Army units to still be in the V/N OG-107 uniforms; I was told that as the Army transitioned to the RDF style BDUs, a lot of the Rangers maintained the OG-107, added to the standout of the unit in addition to the beret.

My dad was in 86-88 and he saw rangers training at fort benning wearing them, what would the patch look like.

is there a way I could search for that last name

A search on Fold3 might bring up results. Usually there isn't much about VN-Later Veterans because most of them are still alive, therefore their info is protected by the Privacy Act. If you believe the soldier lives in the same state you picked the jacket up in, you could do a random internet search for any Ruoschs in the state, but even that doesn't narrow it down and you'd have to do some detective work. If you can find any additional info on him (First name, Time in service, etc.) you could send out to National Personnel Records Center for service records. I sent one away for a soldier who was still alive and even the edited version they sent back had a plethora of info about the soldier's service.

Good luck with your research!