What era is this dog tag from?

stratasfan

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=1268315

Hi! What era is this dog tag from? I only know early NOK WWII dog tags, and then the ones that they changed to that had the name, number, blood type, religion and tetanus, etc. This doesn't have the shots info. Any ideas? Thanks!

A 2-liner tag (non-NOK) tag with no tetanus date is immediate post-WWII. It is also in the format of 4th type tag. With being only 2 lines and having last name, first name.

Thanks! That would make sense if it is the vet I am thinking it might be. He could only have served at the very tale end of WWII. I appreciate the help! Never seen photos of one of this kind before!

If you have access to ancestry, you may be able to find out his service dates and that could maybe tell you when exactly the tags are from. WWII dog tags without tet dates also exist, even if they are rare. Not sure why, but there could be a number of reasons for a missing date.