Fantastic WW2 Bringback Grouping

Fritz

Well, I have not had a call like this in QUITE some time, been aware of it but never thought I'd get the call, Well about two weeks ago I did and was able to negotiate with the vets niece and add this awesome group to my collection. The vet, SSGT Walter Mielke was apparently with two units in his career in WW2 , looks like he was with the 358th IR 90th Div and then the 406th IR 102nd Div, need to do some added research to see if he was with the 90th at Normandy, the original shipping box is still there, he used a wood radio box to ship a bunch of it home and must have brought the rest home in his duffle, as you can see it's a pretty large group. This is the crazy part and really says it was meant to be, although I knew of this group and family I had ZERO clue of what I and my wife were about to discover. When I got home and started really going thru it, I showed my wife the letters and she looked at me puzzled and said, hey my aunt was an Easterwood ( the letters were addressed to a Robert Easterwood in my home town) so I hit the computer and she sent pics to a cousin, well come to find out, the vet and Robert were inlaws, Robert was my wife's aunts brother and he had married the vets sister so it all stayed in the family although in a round about way LOL. Karma, its a cool thing sometimes ?

Fritz

post-4127-0-06921000-1507853746.jpg

post-4127-0-70559200-1507853758.jpg

Good for you! I have not seen a haul this nice in a long, long, long time. :)

Interesting story to boot.

Have fun going through all this.

Mike

Good for you! I have not seen a haul this nice in a long, long, long time. :)

Interesting story to boot.

Have fun going through all this.

Mike

Thanks Mike, me either, been 15 years since I found a group this extensive, and the condition of the items is VERY nice, the hats are salty but I've never found a hat out of an attic that was perfect.

Fritz

I just noticed in post 2 the watch fob (next to the Panzer collar tab) mini shoulder strap for Aufklärungs-Abteilung 13 (Mot.) Now that, is one really hard piece to find!

Bravo!

Mike

I just noticed in post 2 the watch fob (next to the Panzer collar tab) mini shoulder strap for Aufklärungs-Abteilung 13 (Mot.) Now that, is one really hard piece to find!

Bravo!

Mike

Yea, I just about fell of my chair when I pulled it out, as though the collar tab wasn't cool enough LOl

Fritz

Looks like you have a German ortsgruppe level cap which is the lowest level of political leaders....Also included political leader's belt /buckle and brocade army dress belt/buckle.....Quite a few HJ (Hitler Jugend) pieces....Very nice grouping.....Bodes

Looks like you have a German ortsgruppe level cap which is the lowest level of political leaders....Also included political leader's belt /buckle and brocade army dress belt/buckle.....Quite a few HJ (Hitler Jugend) pieces....Very nice grouping.....Bodes

The Rheindahlen flag is Orts level as well, and very well may have been picked up at the same place with the cap and political leader's belt/buckle....Bodes

Brian Dentino

Now that is a SERIOUS case of karma for sure Fritz! Great bring back items there.....some quite valuable and all in very good condition. Congrats on adding a family grouping to the collection.