Enlisted Submarine Jumper

Jay V

Hi Guys

Just received this today affter winning it in auction and wanted to get some opinions on era,hopefully ww2 or earlier.Uploading some photos for reference.Its not a huge uniform but what i consider a size small.Any thoughts and or comments are welcome.Thanks in advance Jay

post-564-0-11219600-1507852322_thumb.jpg

Looks like a privately purchased dress blue jumper that had the piping removed from the collar and cuffs. I have seen that done a lot, possibly to make them into ersatz undress jumpers. The submarine qualification dolphins were moved to the breast in 1950 I believe, so this would pre-date that at least. 1940s. With one enlistment stripe, probably a WWII veteran. Is it named?

Rusty

Unfortunetly its not named and doesnt have a tag anywhere that i can find.The ad stated 1925 ,but who knows.Looks like the guy wasnt a really big guy as well as its a smaller size,sorta reminds me of an IKE.Being that this is the 1st jumper i ahve bought(always bought AAC uniforms) Do you think i did ok at $32 shipped?

Ok. What you have is, a private Purchase Dress Blue Jumper that has been converted t ok an undress blue ( read everyday working) jumper. Ok, stay with me on this, in 1947, the sew on, dolphin patch was moved to the left breast. In 1950, the NB in on dolphins were authorized.

What you have is a pre 1947 jumper. It started life as a private purchase Dress Blue Jumper, but at sometime before 1947, was dropped to undress.

AT THE TIME, this was very common, as undress blue was the daily uniform import after 1600, dungarees were not allowed anywhere ashore