Any thoughts on ribbons in pic?

stratasfan

I know this is a lousy photo, but was wondering if anyone wanted to take a stab at some of the ribbons he is wearing. I haven't got any other photos of my Uncle this late in his career.

Thanks!

post-151812-0-59197100-1507834177_thumb.jpg

If you have any images of him with medals or ribbons...that will help with the figuring out other possible ribbons by placement.

The one above is the only one I have of him later in his career. I have another of him in uniform, but it is right after he joined up. I am trying to locate a later pic, but so far none.

If you have his service dates, that would really help. Also if you know any of his assignments/units it would help too.

Have you tried sending off a FOIA request to the NPRC? That would be a good idea too. They sometimes don't send a lot, but every bit helps.

I do know that he was with the 28th Air Refueling Squadron from sometime until later 1972. From Oct 1972 until his death in Dec 1972, he was with the 497th TFS in Vietnam. He joined the USAF in the 1960s, and did serve at Ellsworth AFB, I know. However, that is what I've got so far. Actually, I have my Aunt trying to contact his surviving daughter and see if she can get his military records. Tried through my Uncle, but a guy from St. Louis talked to my Aunt and explained that kids have first priority. So, we are trying! apparently he has a 1,000 page file! It would be so super cool! However, I don't know if I will get that in time for my display. St. Louis is so slow, usually.