OK, what are these Medals Please

tankdriver

I have a chance to buy this flag, case and medals, but I am not a medal guy.

Can somebody tell me what the ribbons shown are?

Thanks

post-2597-0-40196100-1507653081_thumb.jpg

I just realized that you edited out your questions. Can you please post them again? I believe you were asking about these ribbons.

Good luck with your questions.......Kat

I just realized that you edited out your questions. Can you please post them again? I believe you were asking about these ribbons.

Good luck with your questions.......Kat

Taken care of. :)

Hello - I can get you through the first few rows without reference, as some of the lower campaign / other stuff I would need to look up. I'm sure others will be along to fill in gaps soon. :)

1st Row: Distinguished Flying Cross

2nd Row: Meritorious Service; Air Medal; Army Commendation

3rd Row: Army Achievement; Good Conduct; National Defense

4th Row: Armed Forces Expeditionary; (ran out of steam here...)

First one in row six is Army Service Ribbon.

Three below are (L-R): Presidential Unit Citation; Joint Meritorious Unit Award; and, Valorous Unit Commendation.

Sorry I can't help more.

From the top and left to right:

Distinguished Flying Cross, Meritorious Service Medal, Air Medal, Army Commendation Medal, Army Achievement Medal, Army Good Conduct Medal, National Defense Service Medal, Armed Forces Expeditionary Medal, Afghanistan Campaign, Iraq Campaign Medal, Global War on Terrorism Expeditionary Medal, Global War on Terrorism Service Medal, Korea Defense Service Medal, Army Service Ribbon, Overseas Service Ribbon, United Nations Operations in Somalia Service Medal.

The unit awards as in Post #6.

I think I got everything but the last one on row 6, and I see someone beat me to it.

1st row - Distinguished Flying Cross

2nd row (left to right) - Meritorious Service Medal (with Oak Leaf Cluster) - Air Medal (with 'V' for Valor device, and 16 strike/flight awards) - Army Commendation Medal (with 4 Oak Leaf Clusters)

3rd row - Army Achievement medal (with Oak Leaf Cluster, might be silver in color - Army Good Conduct Medal (with 1 knot bar) - National Defense Service Medal (with star for second award)

4th row - Armed Forces Expeditionary Medal - Afghanistan Campaign Medal - Iraq Campaign Medal (with two stars)

5th row - Global War on Terrorism Expeditionary Medal - Global War on Terrorism Service Medal - Korea Defense Service Medal

6th row - Army Service Ribbon - Army Overseas Service Ribbon (with numeral award, can't tell what the number is) - United Nations Operations in Somalia Service Medal.

7th row - Presidential Unit Citation - Joint Meritorious Unit Award - Valorous Unit Commendation

Thanks guys. I do not collect Medals and know nothing about them, But I hate seeing a family just willing to throw away the things that show the man was a special person.

This is a very tough item too value, firstly because it dosent have a name with it! If the family is willing to provide a name and service info mabye even produce a letter with info and sign it that will help a lot! For modern times he clearly saw a massive amount of service! Sum of the parts value is max 30 and thats pushing it! I wouldn't pay over $50 for it and i think that is high! I would say $20-$30 would be fair if you can get the name and info maybe $10 more! Hope this helps, it is a cool display and whoever he was saw a massive amount of service to receive that many medals in modern times! I would assume maybe he served in more of a combat role possibly as a helicopter pilot which is what i would assume!

USMarineCorps

Yeah getting info on the soldier will help you a lot value wise. If he would be in one of the 101st AVN RGT Bns or even 160th SOAR, the value would increase by 50-100%. However, I would not pay more than $35 myself for a grouping like this without a name.

Spot on research that is most certainly him, amazing the family is already moving his items along, its only been 8 years since his death, were they also selling other military items ? Would now say value is a good bit more, my guess this was put together by the family for his memorial service to sit on the table near the casket, i have seen similar displays done this way at funerals!