eBay: ID'd 82nd AIRBORNE 504th PARA INFANTRY OFFICER INSIGNIAS

Gunslinger

I received a message the other day about some ID'd WWII 82nd Airborne insignia being sold by eBay seller baggypantsdevil.
First and foremost this post is to bring attention to other USMF Members & Collectors about these claimed ID'd pieces being sold on eBay. I don't have an issue with the insignia's authenticity since they are known Original pieces, however i do have a issue with any Seller claiming an item is " ID'd when it is not ".
Here is the link to the first claimed ID'd insignia with the Sellers comments:
baggypantsdevil " GETTING HARDER TO FIND ORIGINAL WW2 U.S. 504th PARACHUTE INF REGT, from GROUPING, OFFICER in HQ-1st Bn/504TH PIR = BRITISH MADE 82nd PATCH SCARCE ONE!!!!!!!!!!!! === FROM IDENTIFIED LOT AS SHOWN in the BOOK, "A HISTORIAN & COLLECTOR BOOK of the 82nd AIRBORNE in WW2"....2014 PUBLICATION.....FROM GROUPING on PAGES 215-216.in BOOK---WHICH IS ALSO LISTED IN MY AUCTIONS FOR SALE HERE ON EBAY............ WINNER WILL GET EMAIL WARTIME PIC....FULL INFO TO WINNER ON TROOPER.....CHECK MY OTHER LISTINGS!!
.OBTAINED YEARS AGO ....AGAIN, WINNER GETS NAME, EMAIL-SENT WARTIME PHOTO, and INFO on this TROOPER TO WINNER OF AUCTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.
..refer to pics......*
....Unless the item is grossly misrepresented , items are NOT RETURNABLE and sold as is, HOWEVER, in the event I make a MISTAKE, will take the item back if you contact me 14 days from receiving the item "
Image of claimed ID'd item for sale by baggypantsdevil:
post-161992-0-38262600-1507476899_thumb.jpg
Image of the Item purchased by baggypantsdevil on eBay 23 Aug 2017:
post-161992-0-33033100-1507476963_thumb.jpg
Here is the link to the second claimed ID'd insignia,Sellers comments are the same as above:

post-161992-0-63665500-1507477405_thumb.jpg

Image of the Item purchased by baggypantsdevil on eBay 13 Sept 2017:

post-161992-0-64878900-1507477609_thumb.jpg

As you can see for yourself, these items are identical and were purchased from different sellers in the last Month on eBay.

This Dishonest Seller has misrepresented these items and who promised ID'd items which he can not deliver.

I thought this was important enough to bring to others attention.

CDub

The guy is bad news. Known faker and con artist. If you search the name here i'm sure you will see plenty of feedback. Get your money back. Good luck.

The guy is bad news. Known faker and con artist. If you search the name here i'm sure you will see plenty of feedback. Get your money back. Good luck.

Agreed, didn't purchase the items just bringing it to others members attention who may be thinking of purchasing the insignia, since it's not ID'd as the Seller claims.

CDub