Glider

doyler

I use to actively build when I was a kid but never had a great level of skill as shown here by other members.I have built aircraft,armor,vehichles etc. I liked the Tamiya kits and figures and they were mostly all what was available here at the time along with Monogram,Revell,Auroa etc. I still have a few unbuilt kits and figures.

THis is one of the last tings I built and done this for a display I use to do for a group of 17th Airborne vets who would meet here once a year in March.THis was done probably 20 years ago

Pretty much built out of the box and painted by hand.

Thanks for looking

post-342-0-37994700-1507414624_thumb.jpg

post-342-0-08701200-1507414646_thumb.jpg

post-342-0-27153300-1507414661_thumb.jpg

post-342-0-96058300-1507414681_thumb.jpg

post-342-0-68194700-1507414693_thumb.jpg

THanks Gentlemen

The vets really liked it.

Was hard to find a kit back then.Finally called and had a shop order one in and also a Horsa Glider.Both are 1/72 scale.I never did get the Horsa built

Backtheattack

Nice work. I have no "hand" for modeling, a friend of mine gave me a paper kit of a Horsa Glider and a Waco Glider, both not build yet.

Nice model glider. Thanks for showing it and for your work with the vets. My hat is off to all the modelers around here. I enjoyed building them years ago, but my patience level is just not there anymore.

Mikie

The family took me out to the Yanks Air Museum in Chino, CA for my birthday this past July... and there in their huge boneyard/projects hangar I saw one of these gliders without any skin at all, every bone was visible... quite an impression it left on me - about loading one with whatever for action in such a fragile craft.

Really nice model, doyler

Hey Ron, that is a very good looking glider. Lars is right, now all it needs is some figures, but at 1/72 those are a pain to paint. Still a very nice job.

Semper Fi.

Manny

Nice job Ron.

I was curious if there's a 1/35 scale of the Waco, unless I missed it, didn't see one. But did see a 1/35 scale Horsa offered, by a company called Bronco.

post-34986-0-79631000-1507598899.jpg

Nice job Ron.

I was curious if there's a 1/35 scale of the Waco, unless I missed it, didn't see one. But did see a 1/35 scale Horsa offered, by a company called Bronco.

attachicon.gifdex.jpg

I was not able to find one and had this one and the Horsa ordered.Both are 1/72.The Hobby shop I got this from was 120 miles away.This was all prior to the internet.

Heres is the box.I still have the instructions too.Came with two figures but I never painted them as they were not included in the display

post-342-0-88061400-1507602826_thumb.jpg

post-342-0-44205200-1507602844_thumb.jpg

Hey Ron, that is a very good looking glider. Lars is right, now all it needs is some figures, but at 1/72 those are a pain to paint. Still a very nice job.

Semper Fi.

Manny

Thanks Manny.

I don't have the skill you all have.

The family took me out to the Yanks Air Museum in Chino, CA for my birthday this past July... and there in their huge boneyard/projects hangar I saw one of these gliders without any skin at all, every bone was visible... quite an impression it left on me - about loading one with whatever for action in such a fragile craft.

Really nice model, doyler

Thanks Blue and Tom

Nice model glider. Thanks for showing it and for your work with the vets. My hat is off to all the modelers around here. I enjoyed building them years ago, but my patience level is just not there anymore.

Mikie

Thanks Mikie

I like building but have been way out of the loop for years

I love seeing all the stuff the members do.There is some outstanding builds and dioramas here.

One of my favorite things at the National Vehicle shows I was able to attend twice in Topeka was seeing the scale model builds and displays .

Ron,

Sorry I missed your original post! You have great skills! It looks great. You should build more models.

...Kat

Thanks Kat but my skills are basic.Out of the box and paint by numbers.:D