LF&C Mark I Atlanta Cutlery Co. Repro Fake

Cromwell

ACC in this case is Atlanta Cutlery Company? I looked at their website and could not find this item -- although they did have a knock-off LF&C M1917 trench knife...

That scabbard does look scary good. I hope it is not as good when you examine it in person. A few turns with a ball peen hammer and I'll wager some of these find their way onto real knives looking for a mate...

Chris

Atlanta cutlery corp,yes.

Handle is brass but very incorrect to any trained eye. Kinda a au lion & lf&c combo. Fonts are really off. I have seen much better lf&c repos in past. Can be disassembled also,like originals.

Scabbard on close examination is incorrect in many way too but best repro,ever made so far. IMO

These will be in U.S.in about 2 months.

militariaone

Greetings Cromwell,

I concur with your assessment. That scabbard is "scary-good" in terms of passing for an original. No doubt in time, the unknowing and the unscrupulous will eventually pawn these off as originals. Once paired with an original knife and appropriate story then viola, some buyer will be out some decent money. Thank you, for taking the time to share this information with us all.

V/r Lance

Its the scabbard that only concerns me,while it will NOT fool anyone who's held an original, it will fool those who have only seen pics & don't pay close attention.

Blade is 1095 heat treated & is close but again not close enough to be a issue if looked at closely.

Overall a knife is a nice reproduction "version" of a mk1 nothing more ,imo.