Unknown Robbins Wings - 1930 International Aircraft Show

GeneralLucas

Looks possibly like it was a top piece or part of another medal or badge? The extra wire on the back looks like like it could be a ribbion suspension?

• 1 year later...

Quite a poser, that one...

May I ask, where you got it and about when?

In Heraldry, doesn't the line which appears on the escutcheon there signify the 4th Honorable Ordinary, the Bend?

The aircraft seen from above is some sort of a Spotter or Utility one?

The star appears to be a typical former USAF roundel?

GeneralLucas

Bluehawk, I had obtained these wings from a man who found them at a flea market. I could not ID them. The pin on the back looks like it held a ribbon? I even contacted Robbins and they went back through their records and could not find anything on it. The type of hallmark is WW II or earlier I think.

Thank you.

SOMEBODY made those wings.

We must find out who, and why, that was!

Nothing of that sort was done by accident or without intent.

GeneralLucas

Bluehawk, I like your intensity. I have two hundred plus wings and I was collecting them before the Russ Huff days when he had the Wings of the World Magazines and we used to ID wings in the late 80s. Gold wings usually are indictative of a flight school and these are close to 3 inches. These wings have bothered me for years now, not knowing what they are. I may have to accept that an ID will not come, this is the second time I posted them of this Forum. Even Robbins Company could not help and they die stamped them.

• 4 years later...
  • 4 months later...