Theatre Case knife offered to me......value?

usmce4

Somebody is offering me this knife. He claims it was made in theater from a Case (blade IS marked "Case" on the ricasso - doesn't show up in the pictures) and the plastic is from a downed Japanese zero. Other than the one word "Case" there is no other marking. I don't know anything about the sheath (the white rectangle is just where I covered up his price sticker. This is not my area of collecting so I am flying totally blind here - any input would be most helpful

post-168413-0-00023600-1506392551_thumb.jpg

Looks like it may have started like as a Case "Pig Sticker" knife, and is now a theater knife. I would guess $75-$100 based on condition and the fact that it has a sheath with it. No story with it, and the plexiglass could have come from any aircraft or just extra material from an aircraft mechanic. Pretty looking knife.

appears to have been chromed most likely some time post war, that hurts it a little for me but i can't say i have run across any other theater made knives made from the case pig sticker, i would say around $75 is fair but if you had a serious pig sticker collector it might run a little higher

Case was chroming some of their knifes prior to WW2. Lots of Case knives delivered into WW2 came plated.

Agreed

I have seen a parkerized version of the knife and figured it was done for war time use.