Kerr sling

PaulS

I picked up Kerr sling at a local gun show for $40. The webbing material and weave looks correct and feels old and has solid rivets. According to my research it was intended for the M1917 US Enfield as it is one of the longer versions of this type of sling The short side is 14 inches long, and the long side 42 inches long. The sling looks like it could be shortened for use on the Thompson M1 and M1A1 submachine guns.

post-9337-0-40870000-1506219799_thumb.jpg

post-9337-0-16588900-1506219806_thumb.jpg

I would expect to see markings on the bottom view of the clip; mine says NOBUCKL with patent info above and below (in small print). Does your sling have any markings?

I would expect to see markings on the bottom view of the clip; mine says NOBUCKL with patent info above and below (in small print). Does your sling have any markings?

No markings. According to a post on machinegunboards,com not all Kerr type slings were marked.

Thanks everybody! This is win, win for me! If the sling is for a Thompson, great. If it is for a M1917 or M1903 still great! But it does make sense that it is a Thompson sling since older ones like mine were like you all said, were not marked.