Imperial pilot KNIFE ?

fabnatcyr

I will agree with Sactroop on this one. Your blade is a civilian version of the Pilot Survival Knife. Its half guard reveals that. Otherwise, it is almost identical to the USGI version. Imperial sold these as 5" sheath knives for hunting, Boy Scouting and other outdoor activities.

Regards,

Charlie

Schrade also made these close copies of their "pilots survival knife", for commercial sales. They often marketed them with a "H-15" stamped on the blade. The blade pattern has been around since before WW2 but also seems to be the most common blade type found on the various MK1's. If you go on eBay and search for schrade H-15 you'll see some that virtually match your Imperial. I don't know (yet) what stock number Imperial used on their version of the knife. Also made and sold for Sears and others. There's a Ted Williams version too. Pretty successful pattern, I know they were still selling them well into the 70's maybe longer.

vy1usm.jpg

Hello
I was on the reflection of this model with respect to the school
identical except for marking
I did not find a table of the punches which allows to date the manufacture following a change of marking
cordially