ASMIC's revised US Coastal & River Forces In Vietnam Book

vintageproductions

vintageproductions

The American Society Of Military Insignia Collectors has recently released the updated United States Coastal and River Forces In Vietnam book. This book was originally published in 1985 and was recently updated with the majority of the insignia being shown , now in color. Plus they have added over ten pages of insignia that was not in the first issue. This is a great piece of reference on Vietnam Navy related insignia.

riv1.jpeg

riv2.jpeg

riv3.jpeg

You can order directly from ASMIC or off of the Ebay Asmic Publications store page.

I bought a copy at the NRA show in KC. I like that it is printed on glossy paper and it IS a great reference for anyone that is in to these patches. They come 3 hole punched and ready to put in a binder/folder.

The original author, Cecil Smyth, did a wonderful job researching and organizing this book. Of course, technology at the time limited it to B & W, but it was the first book to look at other than Army cloth insignia from that war.

We had a lot of help from so many different members, it was astounding. So many of the original pages are completely in color, and they really pop now. The new pages are a bonus, too.

Not just Navy - a LOT of USCG patches in there, too. I had no idea there were so many Coasties serving there. Of course. I always wondered why, and felt sorry for, the CB unit assigned to our Army base, and we weren't on the shore.....

All ASMIC publications are done this way with three holes punched in them to put in a binder.

The only two publications I own, beside the quarterly Trading Post, which has the three hole punches but

is also bound, is the older edition of this one, and it was bound with three hole punches, not loose pages,

I am not taking anything away from this new edition, I love having the color photos in there,

i'm just saying it isn't a book it is loose pages.

Even the EBay page states it is soft bound!