FN M1922

prestoncohunter

prestoncohunter

While cleaning at my late FILs my son located this FM M1922 pistol in 32ACP. Scary part it was loaded and looking at the headstamps about half the ammo was German. Luckily my son (who found it) has been well trained in firearms handling and shooting and the first thing did when finding it was to make sure it was clear (which in this case it wasn't).

We are unsure which of my FILs brothers brought this home. I am leaning towards the oldest as from his letters he tended to be a bit of a "scrounger" and a letter from the parents to my FILs talks about him sending a box home that had 2 Luger's, another semi-automatic pistol, a German helmet and several knives in it. This is the only item that we have found referenced (though not specifically) in the letter. No sign of the helmet or Lugers, though we have found a K98 bayonet and a boot knife that had the makers mark ground off.

Interesting part of the gun is: it was made in 1941 which was the time many of the parts were still commercial grade from the FN plant. It was inspected by Waa103 which in 41 inspected 32,000 units from this plant and were distributed to Officers and Luftwaffe. It shows lots of holster wear but the internals are clean and the bore is pit free. We took it to the range the other day and while the grip doesn't fit me well at all and the trigger is heavier than I like it's not a bad shooting piece. :D

post-167837-0-26834500-1505759038_thumb.jpg