Repainting helmets 1944

robinb

TheMinistryOfAviation

Now you see them, now you don't...

Gut wrenchingly heartbreaking....

And the commentators jovial banter about it really makes me want to pop in right in the chin.

-Jeremy

Ever see an aiplane destoryed for scrap or how they dispose of M-16s and M-4. This is just a piece of equiptment. Millions of M-1s were made,used and reused.

If magically all equiptment could have been saved after the battle in its original condition,all of it would become so common as to almost be worthless.

I understand passion for an item one collects,however I will never under stand the almost religious fervor that some of it takes on.

Ever see an aiplane destoryed for scrap or how they dispose of M-16s and M-4. This is just a piece of equiptment. Millions of M-1s were made,used and reused.

If magically all equiptment could have been saved after the battle in its original condition,all of it would become so common as to almost be worthless.

I understand passion for an item one collects,however I will never under stand the almost religious fervor that some of it takes on.

I agree. To those guys it's just another helmet.

Burning Hazard

Wanna to join my M1 helmet cult? ;)

The guy never had a clue that he was destroying history with the new coat of paint..............

I was thinking more along the lines of:

The guy never had a clue that he was destroying his lungs with that paint.

• 4 weeks later...