US Issue Volleyball Net

Brian Keith

I picked this up at a flea market a few weeks ago. Uncommon things catch my eye at time. I didnt find any makers stamp or date, just the US as shown. When the net would be up, the US marks are up-side down. A Vietnam Vet buddy of mine said volleyball was very popular and it was common to see courts on the bases. He said the Koreans were really good, even though they were generally much shorter than the US teams.

Thanks for looking, comment welcome.

BKW

post-1549-0-80520000-1505051045_thumb.jpg

post-1549-0-38730600-1505051072.jpg

I spotted a pair of Army badminton racquets over the weekend. One still had a U.S. Army Special Services tag on it. The frame that held the two racquets was marked U.S. Army. The other racquet had Red Cross painted on it. The set was like $30. I didn't buy them but if anyone is looking for such a set let me know. They are in the St. Louis area.

These types of things have pretty limited collector interest. They are not sexy combat related items. Had I seen the racquets you mention for $30, I likely would have purchased them. Are they worth it to me to chase them down? No. It is easy for me to find things to spend my disposable income on. Thanks for mentioning them, now we know badminton was supplied to US forces.

BKW

No that was Schultz I believe. There was a prison guard that they gave a ball too while the pow's were playing volleyball. He acted like a goober and played with the ball.

How long is it? could be for tennis if it is longer than a volleyball net... or was that already ruled out? I think a tennis net could be a little wider for doubles..