Been at this one for YEARS

ActionMilitarySurplus

ActionMilitarySurplus

Hello all,

I have had this patch for well over five years, and in that time not one ounce of searching has gotten me any closer to an answer. So I'm hoping someone can help me out here. Any info would be greatly appreciated-- original or repro, age, country of origin, unit, squadron, ANYTHING!

The closest I have come to anything resembling this patch is some of the older 21st Special Operations Squadron "Dust Devils" or 21st Helicopter Squadron patches. Wikipedia offers the following point re 21st SOS: "Operating the CH-3 (until 1971), it was reassigned to the 56th Air Commando Wing (later, 56th Special Operations Wing), on 27 November 1967." And the following re 21st Helicopter Squadron: "It was consolidated on 19 September 1985 with the 21st Helicopter Squadron, which was activated on 9 July 1956 at Donaldson Air Force Base, South Carolina..." I point those out as a wild stab at the "56" on the patch-- either referencing 56th Air Commando Wing or the activation date of 1956. The 3, I have no idea. And as far I'm concerned, this patch looks more like a poop devil than a dust devil. Anyways, thanks in advance for any help or info!

KabSjSw.jpg

ycMr9Ob.jpg

SQSsR7L.jpg

It's not Vietnamese chainstitching......could be German. I have no idea on the unit, but it's a kool patch.

ActionMilitarySurplus

It's not Vietnamese chainstitching......could be German. I have no idea on the unit, but it's a kool patch.

Thanks for the input, like I said, anything at all helps and is more than what I know about it

It reminds me of a class patch. I think it's a cross between a devil & a snake? I agree that its a cool patch

I get the same feeling from it.....some type of class patch......If I were to guess, "56" is probably the year. But that's just a guess.

I'm taking an wild guess at this, but I think this a class patch from Reese Air Force Base Class 56-V. This patch has the same devil coiled snake on it as the 3501st Pilot Training Squadron and also had a Flight 3. Just a guess.

Mark

post-1786-0-27052200-1505184019.jpg

ActionMilitarySurplus

I'm taking an wild guess at this, but I think this a class patch from Reese Air Force Base Class 56-V. This patch has the same devil coiled snake on it as the 3501st Pilot Training Squadron and also had a Flight 3. Just a guess.

Mark

WOW, just amazing! Thank you so much, I will certainly dig into that, thank you!

• 3 weeks later...