• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#26 12A54

12A54
  • Members
    • Member ID: 9,621
  • 1,485 posts

Posted 07 October 2017 - 11:36 AM

Suggstion: post photos of each of your display cases or riker mounts and let those of us on here who couldn't make it to the show inquire about items that we might want to buy.

Just a thought.

#27 CNY Militaria

CNY Militaria

SENIOR MODERATOR

• Senior Moderators
    • Member ID: 94
  • 12,005 posts

Posted 07 October 2017 - 11:44 AM

Suggstion: post photos of each of your display cases or riker mounts and let those of us on here who couldn't make it to the show inquire about items that we might want to buy.

Just a thought.

Sound like a neat idea, however they are welcome to post that in the For Sale section in accordance with the section rules. We'd prefer not to turn this into a sales thread. Thank you!

#28 USMC-RECON0321

USMC-RECON0321
  • Members
    • Member ID: 33,000
  • 4,810 posts

Posted 08 October 2017 - 05:14 PM

I thought the amount of US-related items was down a bit from previous years, and I say this knowing the previous MAX events were traditionally more Third Reich in content, and yes there was a lot of that as always. What US stuff I did see was pretty neat, and it was good to see Robert (Tarbridge) for a few minutes again as always. :) As a postscript, MAAAAN the tolls have gone up on the PA Turnpike...whew

I agree about the Ohio / Penn Turnpike.  We came from Michigan and paid $46 in tolls round trip!  WOW.  

Overall both myself and Sparty On had a pretty good show for selling.  We were again in the back smaller room which seemed to have less activity most of the show compared to the other two rooms, but the ones who did venture in there I think found great stuff and good prices.    Several attendees I talked to at the show said they don't always get to the small room?   Saying they were either to tired or out of money by the time they got to it.  Myself, I can't imagine going to a show and not walking the entire show, but like I said, we did pretty good none the less and were more than willing to take reasonable offers from the buyers.  

I would also agree with MAW, that if a deal could be made with Baby's R Us across the street to use their huge "Empty" parking lot on Friday and Saturday would be a huge help for parking.  

#29 mortaydc60

mortaydc60
  • Members
    • Member ID: 565
  • 2,205 posts

Posted 08 October 2017 - 06:00 PM

Still a heavy German show. I only have US patches for sale and had 12 cases full of patches and three suit cases with patches and though I sold some patches there were not many patch people there.  I had 11 sales for the whole show over 4 days, let me know if you think that is good. I have found that at least for me it is not quantity buy the quality of the sale and some were very good, but it is nice to have "small buy" customers in bigger numbers  to make you want to go back to a show.

Turnpike toll was insane; 12 miles was $4.15

Edited by mortaydc60, 08 October 2017 - 06:01 PM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users