82nd Airborne Tag

Tentitans112887

Tentitans112887

Great tag! Did he make any combat jumps?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure. Do you know where I could find that info? Or, would I just need to get his file?

Tentitans112887

Just found Mr. Wehrung's obituary. Looks like he was with the 82nd through the whole war and saw a good bit of action.

post-159555-0-45636200-1504317918_thumb.jpg

Tentitans112887

The Rhineland campaign credit encompassed Operation Market-Garden, so he probably made the jump

Thanks for the help, Kadet. After finding this, I'm sure he made at least one jump. I'll be sending for his file soon.

The 504th saw a great deal of combat in WWII, and he seems to have been an original member. They made three combat jumps; Sicily, Salerno and Holland. Its possible that he did all three. Elements of the 504th also made the famous small boat crossing of the Waal River in Holland under intense enemy fire....

Tentitans112887

The 504th saw a great deal of combat in WWII, and he seems to have been an original member. They made three combat jumps; Sicily, Salerno and Holland. Its possible that he did all three. Elements of the 504th also made the famous small boat crossing of the Waal River in Holland under intense enemy fire....

Wow! Thanks! I didn't know all of that. I've never researched individual Airborne units. So, I really appreciate all the help.

• 4 weeks later...