Thompson Submachine Gun Russian Lend Lease

kanemono

Here is one of the Russian Lend Lease Thompson Submachine Guns. These are all of the parts and accessories that were sold. This gun has the battle sight rather than the Lyman sight. The magazine pouch has five mint Thompson magazines. Both the pouch and belt are unmarked. The gun has a Philadelphia Ordinance steel receiver. The other photos show the Thompson's and parts as found in Russia.

post-9487-0-87712800-1504020861_thumb.jpg

post-9487-0-18198800-1504020872.jpg

post-9487-0-76309400-1504020878_thumb.jpg

post-9487-0-79626800-1504020885_thumb.jpg

phantomfixer

It looks like the demilled cut down receiver is displayed and non firing or semi auto receiver added ???

What a great presentation piece...the Thompson is such a great heavy weapon..nice job

The piece has a 80% steel receiver made by Philadelphia Ordinance with all markings and serial number and 100% legal to own. In the case is the de-milled receiver and all the internal parts. Here is another Russian Thompson with a 80% receiver, Lyman sights, drum and vertical fore grip.

post-9487-0-22481900-1504043692_thumb.jpg

One of my, "I wish I hads" was purchasing one of these a number of years ago when they were being sold at the SOS by a British seller. I think one was about $4-500, you could get the full de-mil or a built dummy. He had the web gear also. As noted, NO US mark. Fakers bought them and added fake USMC markings. I understand these guns were part of the on board equipment of the M3 Light Tank supplied to the USSR during WW II, possibly others.

BKW

One of my, "I wish I hads" was purchasing one of these a number of years ago when they were being sold at the SOS by a British seller. I think one was about $4-500, you could get the full de-mil or a built dummy. He had the web gear also. As noted, NO US mark. Fakers bought them and added fake USMC markings. I understand these guns were part of the on board equipment of the M3 Light Tank supplied to the USSR during WW II, possibly others.

BKW

And there is still some clowns out there that still think this gear is USMC gear!

This stuff was all over the place in the early 1990's according from good friend Doyler.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

Not sure what was sent, but what came back as parts kits were 1928a1's.  I bought a kit at SOS and as I recall it was 8-900, not 4-500?  Course I could have gotten there late?  The parts were in very good condition, thus they sold for top dollar and back in the day the kits had receiver pieces and excellent barrels.  I'd have to dig the kit out to check the sights, since I don't recall if they were Lyman or L sights?

On 8/29/2017 at 9:37 PM, Brian Keith said:

BKW

I remember him he had a bunch of Russian new or arsenal refurbed stuff on the table including those Thompson parts.  I bought a svt bayonet w/scabbard from him for $65.00 and a mag pouch for my Thompson. I had heard that he died a few years after the show....

• 3 weeks later...

Back in the days when these demilled Lend Lease M1928 Thompson SMG gun kits were still available, late in the game I bit the bullet and paid a relatively dear amount for a  mint kit being offered by Cheaper than Dirt. The beautiful kit came with EVERY part except for the cut up receiver pieces. However, the  small receiver part,  still screwed into the barrel, was there. So to make a long story short, I removed the barrel from that receiver part and made up a display gun using an International Military Antiques (IMA) aluminum dummy receiver. I took the cheaper route compared to the nice 80% steel receivers available for sale. The aluminum receivers do not have threads for the barrel, but are a tight friction fit for the barrel threads. So to make sure the barrel stayed put, I gorilla glued the barrel into dummy the receiver and it appears to be solidly on there for the duration. Overall I didn't have to make any modifications to the dummy receiver and it fit the existing original parts perfectly. So here is my display M1928 Display Thompson offering for your inspection. The web sling and carrying case are really nice reproductions, but everything else is original. It has a perfect Cutts Compensator on the barrel, detachable stock, original (NOT reproduction) fixed rear L sight and all parts are in gorgeous condition. I couldn't be more pleased with the result and was very surprised how heavy the gun was when completed and it didn't even have any ammo in it. I can't imagine having to hump this monster during wartime day and night!!

Bob

Thompson layout with pouch.jpg