503rd PIR Officer Lot: Victory Model & Holster, Corregidor Map

1stMinn

Picked up a few trinkets from the estate sale today of a lieutenant in Co. I, 503rd Regimental Combat Team that fought to retake Corregidor.

post-2036-0-42278500-1503782213_thumb.jpg

His S&W Victory Model is SN 160719 and is in the custom holster he used in combat. The official map of the island is signed by him on one side. And the Japanese Navy hat may have been picked up there.

post-2036-0-14233100-1503782223_thumb.jpg

We missed the signed Japanese flag he brought back, framed with its capture paper. Family kept the patches and medals unfortunately, but we were pleased enough with this from a sale we almost didnt bother going to. Amazing what is still out there!

Stephen

Nice group! I wrote a history paper in college regarding the retaking of Corregidor. Very interesting battle.

Retired Army Noncom

Back in 1969 I took a tour of Corregidor Island, it was somewhat restricted off certain paths due to explosives but it was like walking back into History. Topside was quite interesting, mile long barracks and Malinta Tunnel also. Jumping on Corregidor Island to retake it was something that made our greatest generation....Great!!!