Vietnam war 2' x 2' diorama work in progress 1/35 scale

williamsmilitaryrelics

williamsmilitaryrelics

Hello guy's,

It's been a while since I posted anything in the modeling category, most of my stuff is off forum subject.

This is my big project... a 1/35 scale 2' x 2' Vietnam battle scene diorama, including "hopefully !" 2 x helicopters (OH-6 & Huey), 2 x M113 and about 20 figurines.

The landscape is build from scratch with pink hard foam board (Home depot).

the 2 helicopters are Revell Mfg , they are cheap but needs a lot of work to look half ok, since it's a big diorama, I didn't go crazy on details.

Any questions, feel free to ask, if you like something I did and need some info about it, I'll be more than happy to share.

Thanks

Will

post-6240-0-19997000-1503071165.jpg

Brian Dentino

Fantastic. Anyway to get some more closeups of that Huey? The weathering on it looks great from the pics so far, and I really like the base of the dio......gonna be a really cool piece!

williamsmilitaryrelics

Thanks for the comments,

I'm doing this project with a friend of mine Jay, is really good at models, this is one the one M113,

don't forget, it is "work in progress", I'll do some pics along the way and keep you update.

Will

post-6240-0-20575200-1503154640_thumb.jpg

post-6240-0-87123200-1503154667_thumb.jpg

That's the exact configuration of my APC in 4th Cav. If a photo of it was made without the paints, etc. the background, I'd swear it was a picture of an actual behicle. Great work!

Will, that looks great. The foliage and terrain is impressive its very natural looking. I like the Tiger stripes flight suits on the air crew, great paint job.

FANTASTIC work so far! Can't wait to see more. Hopefully you'll post more close-ups of the helicopters and it's crews!!!!!!! In addition please post as many informations as possible about the model kits and your work stages. GREAT DIO!

Lars

• 2 months later...
williamsmilitaryrelics

Thanks for the comments.

still working on the terrain, it is time consuming... 2x2 is kind of big !

just added a pic with a figure, i will not focus on sharp details regarding the figures, there will be too many at the end.

The foliage is not painted yet.

Thx

Will

post-6240-0-43141400-1510849420_thumb.jpg