Some bolo knives

rldarmstr

Early on in my collecting efforts I realized that the blades didn't change very much. Mostly only the specific makers. The scabbards however were changed sometimes more than once, on many of the bayonets and blades issued to the armed forces in the earl;y p[art of the 20th century. Thus the need for multiple M1904 hospital bolos and M1909 bolos.

The WWII USMC bolos are from each of the makers; Briddell, Chatillon, Clyde Cutlery, Village Blacksmith, and the somewhat rare Plumb.

The USMC Square Tip blade is Disston. I would like to find a Collins & Co. to go with it but no luck so far.

post-3856-0-94201700-1502984180_thumb.jpg

Yes, I do collect the m1910 and 1917 bolos.

You can't tell it in this picture but the one on the bottom left is bright blade dated 1912 and the scabbard is the first type with side seem, brass tube and thin wire belt hanger. The one in the top row is an SA 1917 with catch. I'm looking for a 1917 with the catch modification. There is one on eBay now but I 'm not thrilled with the condition.

post-3856-0-94677500-1502992193_thumb.jpg

Really enjoying the pictures coming out lately of all these different groupings. Hope nobody gets upset if she see's those things on top of that quilt. :rolleyes:

LOL! Sactroop my wife is a quilter and the same thought crossed my mind!!!

Impressive bolo collection rldarmstr - I did not know there was a Plumb version of the USMC WW2 bolo!

Patchcollector

Yep, been in very close proximity to lots of quilters. I suspect they maybe fanatics. :)

Yeah,wouldn't want to put a bunch of sharp,pointy items on a quilters labor of love;might end up wearing one of them ^_^

Seriously though,great collection