• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 lostandfoundhistory

lostandfoundhistory
  • Recruits
    • Member ID: 170,185
  • 0 posts

Posted 11 August 2017 - 05:06 PM

Hello! My name is Richard Hopkins. I've been a collector of militaria for going on 40 years. Recently, I have begun re-building a lifietime collection of militaria after most of it was stolen in a burglary a few years ago. I was just made aware of this forum by a fellow collector and am excited to begin sharing and most importantly, learning! I like to think that I know a little bit about most topics, but by no means do I pretend to know everything about all topics, and anybody that does is either lying, or overconfident...or both! I'm a retired police officer, husband and father to SEVEN children! I'm also an avid metal detectorist, historian and relic hunter and live by the motto, "Passion over Profit." I have been blessed in my life to know and be mentored by some of the big names in this hobby from the time I was a teenager. It's my goal, now that I have reached their age when I was young, to pay forward what I have learned to a younger generation of collectors, preservationists and historians while continuing to learn and grow, myself. I look forward to getting to know many of you, as much as that is possible through the world of social media.

Thank you,

Richard

#2 ParanormalTrooper

ParanormalTrooper

BANNED

• Banned
    • Member ID: 162,053
  • 722 posts

Posted 11 August 2017 - 05:42 PM

Welcome to the forum, Richard! I metal detect too, albiet not that much but it's still fun.

Do you have any particular fields in US militaria you are interested in?

#3 72psb

72psb
  • Members
    • Member ID: 68,747
  • 921 posts

Posted 11 August 2017 - 08:33 PM

Welcome from a fellow brother (retired) in blue.Find the first responder  thread and add your story.There are a lot of us here.

Play safe!

Bob

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users