1/35 scale Tarawa Diorama

Old Marine

Owen, thanks for the color reference, matching those colors is tough. I like your "designer" cactus planter. With some OD para cord, a grenade ring and one of those steel pots you could make a nice matching hanging planter.

I guess it's finished. At some point you have to just decide it's done, stop fiddling with it and move on to the next project. Here are some photos. Thank you all for your comments and observations and watching the progress.

Dennis

post-2843-0-66616500-1505853096_thumb.jpg

Dennis,

This is museum quality work! Your work never ceases to amaze me! Thanks so much for taking the time to post your progress. I have really enjoyed seeing your work.

...Kat

Awesome all the way around! I particularly like the view from the backside (post #112). Looks just like someone took a photo of the action while peering out of a foxhole.

Dennis,

I want to echo what others have been saying. What a super job you've done on this scene, from conception to finished work. I followed your progress on the project and really enjoyed your skills and vision in bringing this to life!

Geoff

I hope you don't mind, but I'm a photographer and graphic artist who enjoys the challenge of making model/diorama scenes look real. I took your backside photo into Photoshop and painted in a background of blasted & shredded palm trees (as seen in photos of the real battle), added dust and smoke from explosions, gunfire, etc., added some subtle blurring and exposure effects, and then dropped the color from your photo to make it look like a typical Signal Corps/Combat Photographer photo from the period. I hope you enjoy the results!

post-61052-0-92408600-1505881899_thumb.jpg

I hope you don't mind, but I'm a photographer and graphic artist who enjoys the challenge of making model/diorama scenes look real. I took your backside photo into Photoshop and painted in a background of blasted & shredded palm trees (as seen in photos of the real battle), added dust and smoke from explosions, gunfire, etc., added some subtle blurring and exposure effects, and then dropped the color from your photo to make it look like a typical Signal Corps/Combat Photographer photo from the period. I hope you enjoy the results!

Geoff

That looks great!