SOG black boonie group

63 RECON

Hi all,

New to the collection is this worn and salty SOG black boonie in a medium size.

It has quite a small crown and a silky fabric for the sweat band and a stiffened brim from plastic i assume. Does the small red and white size label denote CISO made? or am I wrong on that?

The boonie is part of a group, I'll get some nice pics of the rest of the items and post them soon. I will however say now the other items may cause some healthy discussion.

Enjoy and thanks for looking.

Ryan

post-117117-0-80186600-1502101721_thumb.jpg

Gotta love these CISO boonie's. Mine is green. Can't wait to see what more you found Ryan. Thanks for sharing bud.

Best

Martin

Beau-Brummel

Interestingly it looks as though it's been re lined.

Like Owen said,identical to the tigers with the plastic brim re enforcement and heavy nylon stitching.

Look forward to seeing more.

Yours, Guy.

Hi gents, thanks for the comments, nice to know its a Japanese built one.

Here are some extra pics of it turned inside out for a better look at the lining.

post-117117-0-52897700-1502340024_thumb.jpg

post-117117-0-03824500-1502340027.jpg

Beau-Brummel

I've seen and owned similar In a tan lined tiger (didn't we work out that was yours once :lol: ) but think this one's been tailored with a satin liner.

As I stated in my initial post for the SOG boonie, the rest of the group may cause some conjecture and hopefully some healthy discussion, so I want to say straight off the bat that I am not claiming these are 100% “original” as I am aware of how very, very rare these items are and often faked but you just never know, so they may stand a chance but hard to prove and disprove at the same time as they could have been made at any time.

I believe all the items were found at a flea market in Texas and I purchased them from a seller I have no reason to believe would dupe me, and I’m not saying he has or will but considering recent events people may be looking at things differently from now on. Apologies for the photos, I don’t really have a good place to take them at the moment so the colour of the paint scheme looks a little more faded than it is.

All the items have that Nam ‘smell’, I’m sure some of you will know what I mean by that. They look to have been folded for a long time as the pockets where a bit stiff to close and there are well worn fold marks.

The shirt and trousers both have a black paint scheme common to the SOG cross border uniforms which is quite faded on both but the paint on the back of the trousers is more prominent.

The pockets on the sleaves of the shirt have just been cut straight from another shirt not unpicked and sewn directly to the sleeves. There is consistent fading under the pockets on the sleeves and wear marks in the right places. The B-POS blood group has been written in marker which again was not the norm from the pictures I can find but not unreasonable either.

The rigger made belt fits the pants quite well, the jungle boots as you can see are very well worn. The marker panel is double sided and made from a really smooth nice feeling silk and folds up neatly from well-worn fold marks into a small enough square to fit in a pocket.

If the shirt and trousers are not real, I believe I paid a fair and reasonable price for the boonie hat so no hurt no foul.

Anyway, enjoy these pics and thanks for looking. Ill post some more detailed pics later on.

mods could we please change the name of the post to SOG Black Boonie grouping?

post-117117-0-48098400-1502424493_thumb.jpg

Cap Camouflage Pattern I

I agree with mrrm, used is where it's at.

I don't have the knowledge to comment on originality, but if they are real than that's an absolutely amazing grouping, museum quality.

The only thing that seems odd to me is how the paint on the jacket is so faded while the blood type written in marker? is still pretty dark. Looks to be like the blood type was done some months after the paint. Try looking at it with night vision on a camcorder to see if the blood type was written a few times before, faded, and was reapplied. Of course whatever unit this is could've adopted blood types after they had already been using painted jackets.