Need Info On Two Squadron Patches

Bill Scott

Can anyone give me Info on these two patches.I can not find a VT-13 listed in either Torpedo or training squadrons and what period is it.On the other one I can not find a 51st Fighter Squadron listed for Korea.any and all help is greatly appreciated.Scotty.

img594.jpg

My question is if its a Korean Air Force Squadron why is everything on the patch in English.It came with a set of late fifties early sixties blue Air force Sgts chevrons and a photo ID badge.I can find no South Korean squadron 15 anywhere.A mystery to me but thanks for looking.Scotty

51st Fighter Squadron, Provisonal F-51 CAS (Bout-One detachment), Republic of Korea Air Force.

A search on "Bout-One detachment" will give you more information. Not sure if it is the right ID but hope it helps.

Ole

TMBN I think your Bout One reference solves this question to a T.After reading the data this patch must have been worn by a n advisory member of the 51st Provisional Squadron ROK air force.Thanks for your help much appreciated.Scotty

TMBN is spot on. The 51 FS eventually became the 6146 Air Force Advisory Group. Attached is their patch from the early 50s.

Randy

post-8832-0-59409400-1501983965.jpg

Johnny Signor

Bill

VT-13 is a torpedo sq. There is an image only, with description, on page 84 JS 74 Trading Post on line.

Unit was estab Nov 43 and disestab Oct 45. Could not find re-estab (?) info.

There is also an image with donor info and unit hx, on this site.

http://www.vpnavy.com/vt13_patch.html

VT-13 patch shown is Not a Torpedo Squadron patch , it is a Training Squadron , and a Post WW2 era design, Torpedo squadrons and thier title went out shortly after WW2 , and the "VT" designator was changed to training units in the Navy , the same patch is shown in the book By Michael L.Roberts, United States Naval Aviation Patches - Fighter Squadrodns-Strike Fighter Squadrons- Recon Squadrons " on page 136 middle left , Also note that the aircraft depicted on the patch is that of a T-34 Mentor which is a trainer .

Thanks for all your help as always it is much appreciated.Scotty

firefighter

VT-13 patch shown is Not a Torpedo Squadron patch , it is a Training Squadron , and a Post WW2 era design, Torpedo squadrons and thier title went out shortly after WW2 , and the "VT" designator was changed to training units in the Navy , the same patch is shown in the book By Michael L.Roberts, United States Naval Aviation Patches - Fighter Squadrodns-Strike Fighter Squadrons- Recon Squadrons " on page 136 middle left , Also note that the aircraft depicted on the patch is that of a T-34 Mentor which is a trainer .

I thought I had responded to the answer on my post, must not have hit POST. I thought the plane was a Texan, no good on Navy plane ID. It was definitely misidentified on the link provided. Thanks Johnny

Johnny Signor

Sure , glad to help as always BTW this is the WW-2 VT-13(Torpedo Squadron) emblem, and that title was only used up until the end of WW2 and not much later .

post-2068-0-74466100-1502180446.jpg