17th Airborne Division Bullion Patch

Airborne-Hunter

Airborne-Hunter

This piece came out of my local flea market last weekend. Wasn't cheap, but shows the stuff is still out there and coming out. Enjoy ABN

post-1800-0-31961100-1501819162.jpg

Airborne-Hunter

Bob, At the last show I was at with you, I told you about a jump jacket I purchased off a guy's back at an estate sale. The seller who was running the estate sale is the same seller that had this patch. Turns out the two are related. Pulled out the jump jacket today and interestingly enough, the thread on the shoulder from the patch looks eerily similar to the thread on the snaps on the patch. Not sure the two were sewn together, but sure they came from the same estate.

Last year I was able to buy the man's duffel bag, the same day as the jump jacket. Ran the name today, 197th GIR Operation Varsity through at least Battle of the Bulge. PH at the Bulge and a Bronze Star, but not sure where. Shows up on the roster of the 197th GIR as 1st HQ.

I have now traced a jump wing with invasion arrowhead to this estate. Working on getting that. There must be more out there.

Amazing how it all comes back together. Best ABN

post-1800-0-81923200-1502666137_thumb.jpg