knife usmc mexican ?

fabnatcyr

Hello

it was a question

I forget the point ??????

I wonder if it could be useful by the Armericain army in ww2 ??

OR JUST BY MEXICO

Private purchase WW2 knife. Not issued, but I have no doubt it could've been carried during the war. We were short on combat knives and many people stepped up to provide them. It could've been obtained out west while at basic or training.

This one sold on Stewart's Military Antiques.

s1.jpg

Is there any evidence available for these knives even being made back during WW2? When I do a search on "fundicion de artillery mexico", the only things I've gotten back in english are places selling these knives, and yes some of them are claiming them to be WW2. My Spanish just isn't up to snuff when it comes to the few other posting that may or may not shed some light on the matter.

I seriously doubt that we are about to uncover a previously unknown supplier of knives to Uncle Sam.

It is for sure not something you likely would have seen among by US troops: I've had photos of WWII Marines posing for photos in Tijuana (in bars, on donkeys painted like zebras), but they didn't look like they went there to find a knife.

I've bought and sold a few older Mexican bowie knives and the state of the art was, crude. I wonder if these might have been made in Spain for Mexico?

Since it is non-US, we will close this thread and the messaging system can be used for further discussion, if needed.

Cool knife though...