Bomber crew recreation photos

P-59A

A few years back the Collins foundation was at John Wayne Airport, the weather wasn't to hot so I called a friend and did a quick shoot. I will tell you right now anything above 40 degrees is too hot for leather gear.

post-169522-0-94102800-1501379409_thumb.jpg

post-169522-0-57619100-1501379418.jpg

I went to a Hallow ween party in gear. I suited up a block away from the party and walked in. Kid you not my goggles were steaming from the body heat trapped in that sauna burrito I had on. I dumped the gear after the photo and spent the rest of the party in my A-4.

post-169522-0-70173700-1501379858.jpg

Nice impression.

How about this guy

I have this photo. The boots are the one thing I wish I had. All the other gear I have. Too be honest all this gear was never ment for walking around.

attachicon.gif WW2bombercrew.jpg

I went online and scaled the nose art from a wartime photo and did some research . I darkened the Cooper up a bit to match the B-1 with black liquid shoe polish and gave a wipe down. The paint used to paint all the leather was testor's model paint.

The shoot only took about 15-20 minutes. The kick was as I was waiting for the opportunity to shoot people who were waiting for thier rides in the B-24 or B-17 kept comming up to me asking when we were taking off. Every one thought I was the pilot.

I have this photo. The boots are the one thing I wish I had. All the other gear I have. Too be honest all this gear was never ment for walking around.

attachicon.gif WW2bombercrew.jpg

I agree not the easiest to walk around in

The jacket turned out real nice