WWII 1941 Original Red Cross Art work Done by Famous MN Artist

oldabewla

This is my recent find a original art 1941 Red Cross poster 14" X 20" few months ago out of a antique shop. It was rapped in plastic and back was cover up by piece of cardboard and if you looked real close threw the plastic and you could tell it was hand painted in water color and was not a print.

So today I decide to remove the plastic to get it off the art work that had covered it for years and to my amazement the Artist name was on the back under the cardboard and it matched up with the front signature and 1941 date. So I goggled his name and it came up of a famous Artist from Minnesota Alexander Oja 1903 -1966 and he turn out he was a award winning artist and worked for the Minnesota WPA art department during the depression.

I'm not for sure if this was to become a poster for the Red Cross program?, but a very cool find!

Craig

post-7997-0-77962800-1501377281.jpg

Really an Excellent find! Saw a WWI art exhibit a few months back with Christy's orginal art (below) for his bond poster. Brings the story together for that poster. Now you must see if a poster was made from your painting and get one! Again congrats on a great pick up.

IMG_1414.JPG