1/72 F-105D (T-Stick II) Texas AFRES

viking73

This is another old build of mine, this time the 1/72 Trumpeter F-105D Thunderchief. I added a resin spine from Airwaves to model a rare Thunderstick II modified airframe of which only about 30 were so upgraded. I also used a resin cockpit and resin wheels to add some more detail to the build. The centerline MER (probably Monogram or Italeri) was taken from the spare parts bin to replace the poorly detailed kit one. Brake lines from thin copper wire were also added.

I chose the markings of the 457th TFS, Texas AFRES, a unit that was based close to where I live. I just love the "Texas Humpbacks" TH tail code :) Once again, the decals are a mix of custom ones and spares from the decal dungeon.

Thanks once again for looking.

-Derek

post-5482-0-47842700-1501372609_thumb.jpg

post-5482-0-81212000-1501372615_thumb.jpg

post-5482-0-60334500-1501372623_thumb.jpg

Proud Kraut

Derek, another fantastic plane. Excellent paintwork, very well done camo pattern! Thank you for sharing your Air Force here!

Lars

Nice work! But if you want to make it realistic, it needs pools of fluid under it! I used to work fighters in the USAF, and if there wasn't fluid leaking somewhere it meant it was empty. Good job with the bottom speed brake drooping, they did that when there was no hydraulic power and I see that modeled wrong often.

Randy

Hey Derek;

Now THAT is a fine looking 'Thud'. Nice camo scheme. I built one also in 1/72 scale but the decals were crap and it didn't come with any Vietnam era ordnance. Anyway I just recently bought one in 1/48 scale. It's a big bird but I'm looking forward to building it. Again fantastic work on the cockpit and canopy.

Semper Fi.

Manny