USGI Desert Three Color DCU Trouser Tags

ECHOROMEO

I keep coming across USGI desert three color DCU trousers that read "WIND RESISTANT POPLIN NYLON/COTTON BLEND" on the tag, are these any different than the 50% Nylon / 50% Cotton ones? Is it just a matter of different manufacturers labelling them differently?

GoHN3A2.jpg

gM9Gaau.jpg

Thanks. You'd think the mil specs would enforce a precise labeling standard.

I would guess that as long as the required information is there, they don't really care what format it's in. Different contractors, etc.

Well the format is actually quite consistent, its rather the fabric being described completely differently that got me scratching my head in the first place. Anyway thank you to both for clearing that up.

Both examples above have mil contracts.

I am not saying your DCU is a commercial copy, but it is possible.

Look at these two links where they discuss off the shelf commercially made Propper DCUs being used by individuals in the military.

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/topic/167251-is-this-a-real-seal-modified-dcu-shirt/

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/topic/190418-heavily-modified-private-purchase-dcu-top/

P-40Warhawk

This doesn't answer the question, but here is the label from a 1990 contract (non-ripstop) from Propper.

post-110893-0-12787500-1501209260.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

A comment if I may, when I was activated for OIF in Jan '04, I was a last minute replacement for another nco. The unit didn't have any dcu's to issue me. I was told to order them from whoever I could find that carried them. I ordered 4 sets and they are what I wore during my year there. I was running convoys.