Navy Dixie Cup Hat with Blue Trim?

blitz67

Jumpin Jack

Yes, it is original WWII sailor's cap. I believe, but not sure that the blue ring represents a trainee. This piece has eluded me over the years. Jack

Perfect! I actually found two to the same guy, I thought it might be a cadet's hat. Thanks again!

Brad

At one time or another, these were worn by every "First Year" Midshipman, NROTC, Naval Academy, what have you. Millions issued out, recycled year after year until worn out and tossed.

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe the guy washed out early

. As I said in my earlier post, these hats were NOT just worn at the Naval Academy, but by the first year Midshipmen at every college and university that had NROTC. Not being on the USNA registry simply means he did not go to the USNA.

• 4 months later...

Nice hat

I couldn't find a reserve officer with those initials in the 1944 register, if he was commissioned it must have been after 1944, maybe even into the 1950s? The hat is WWII, but no telling when it was worn.

• 2 years later...

I know this is an old thread but I found one of these Dixie cups today. Never have come across one of these before. Anybody able to ID the name in the hat? Does the contract number provide a time frame for this hat? Thanks for looking.

post-10825-0-93368000-1580078803_thumb.jpeg

post-10825-0-25030500-1580078813_thumb.jpeg