P38

iron bender

iron bender

Start of a p38. Not sure I'm competent in an aluminum finish. This will definitely take a few tries. Probably the reason I always stuck to German armor as a kid. Way more forgiving on fit and finish. It'll be what it is but certainly will take some time...

post-166807-0-80921400-1500864507_thumb.jpg

post-166807-0-96754900-1500864533_thumb.jpg

Looking good so far. Did this kit come with US insignias? A very nice looking "Gabelschwantzteufel".

Semper Fi.

Manny

iron bender

Well, I can't chose a direction on this bird. I will be ordering a couple more sets of cockpit glass as I ruined the original set. I need some youtube time on how to handle the glass. For now I've got one clean fresh aluminum wing and one wing is patches and replacements and just been through the ringer….this will be a work in progress.

post-166807-0-32369700-1501038051_thumb.jpg

post-166807-0-46375700-1501038063_thumb.jpg

As for dealing with the glass (clear plastic) parts of the model. May I suggest that while on a piece of sprue that you dunk it in Future Floor Polish. It is a clear acrylic that will protect your clear parts and when it comes to cementing them in place use Elmers White Glue. It's easier to deal with than regular plastic glue, it won't fog up clear plastic like Crazy Glue and the best part is that it dries clear. I hope this helps with the parts you ordered.

Semper Fi.

Manny

• 6 months later...

Very nice looking. I remember in my model building days finding out at the last minute that the plane was tail heavy - couldn't they have mentioned that in the instructions? Agggh!