Marine Corps Recruiters' Bulletin

SgtMaddoxUSMC

SgtMaddoxUSMC

"The Recruiters' Bulletin" - Volume 5, number 1 - February, 1919:
(I wonder if there was no January issue?)

post-133515-0-22549600-1500945794.jpg

SgtMaddoxUSMC

"The Recruiters' Bulletin" - Volume 6, number 3 - January, 1920:

(the numbers are kind of confusing me now, I don't see how October '19 is V5/N9 and January '20 is V6/N3... Perhaps the 1919 Volume 5 only went up to number 9?)

post-133515-0-89701600-1500948006.jpg

SgtMaddoxUSMC

"The Recruiters' Bulletin" - Volume 6, number 8 - June, 1920:

FINALLY ONE OF THE THREE THAT I OWN

post-133515-0-65731400-1500950138_thumb.jpg

SgtMaddoxUSMC

"The Recruiters' Bulletin" - Volume 6, number 9 - July, 1920:

NUMBER TWO OF THREE THAT I OWN

post-133515-0-01912100-1500950303_thumb.jpg

SgtMaddoxUSMC

"The Recruiters' Bulletin" - Volume 6, number 10 - August, 1920:

LAST ONE THAT I OWN. LOOKING FOR THE REST!!!

post-133515-0-38802800-1500956064_thumb.jpg

• 4 years later...

SGT Maddox, I'm hoping you can help me.  I am seeking a copy of a photograph of a North Carolina lady named Mildred L. Mobley who was either the first, or among the first, to enlist as a Marine (F).  She was living and working in Philadelphia at the time of her enlistment in September 1918.

In the past I remember seeing a picture of her with three or four other young women dressed in Marine Corps tunics and covers (apparently loaned from Marines in the office) posing with their recruiter and would very much like a copy or scan of that image.  My guess is that this picture appeared in either the September or October 1918 issue of "The Recruiter's Bulletin."  

Any assistance you can give in helping me locate this image will be greatly appreciated.  

Sion H. Harrington III, LTC , US Army (Retired)

[email protected]

1 hour ago, Sion said:

SGT Maddox, I'm hoping you can help me.  I am seeking a copy of a photograph of a North Carolina lady named Mildred L. Mobley who was either the first, or among the first, to enlist as a Marine (F).  She was living and working in Philadelphia at the time of her enlistment in September 1918.

In the past I remember seeing a picture of her with three or four other young women dressed in Marine Corps tunics and covers (apparently loaned from Marines in the office) posing with their recruiter and would very much like a copy or scan of that image.  My guess is that this picture appeared in either the September or October 1918 issue of "The Recruiter's Bulletin."  

Any assistance you can give in helping me locate this image will be greatly appreciated.  

Sion H. Harrington III, LTC , US Army (Retired)

[email protected]

https://www.motherjones.com/politics/2014/08/first-woman-enlisted-marines-1918/

Is this the photo you are looking for - the women are ID'd in this one

Bill

Sadly, I'm afraid the picture to which I was referring is not among these.  If memory serves me,  it was taken at the Philadelphia recruiting office.

Thank you for sending these pictures and the article.  I'll definitely enjoy reading it.

Guess my quest continues to find "PVT Mildred L. Mobley" of Phila. (originally of Rockingham Co., NC)!  Wonder if the Marine Corps took pictures of their recruits in WWI?

Sion