US Army Artillery Martin-Marietta oil painting

Manchu Warrior

Manchu Warrior

I passed this hanging on the wall at a thrift store today. It has a few stains on it so at first I wasn't going to buy it. I walked through the rest of the store and went back to take a closer look and decided that it was to well done and to interesting to pass on so I purchased it for $7.00. It is oil on board and it measures 30" by 22" and the artist name is C.B. Prichett. When I got it home and did some research C.B. Prichett was a professional artist that was employed by Martin-Marietta. I'm kind of happy that I decided to bring it home with me. I also would like to know what weapons system that is and has anyone ever cleaned an oil painting??

post-1412-0-39678800-1500581600_thumb.jpg

It looks like the damage is only on the matting so no matter what, getting a real oil painting for $7 is a big win.

Most art or framing shops can clean or advise you how to clean an oil painting. I had an original watercolor that I was able to have treated and it revived the colors that I thought were faded into oblivion...

Nice find!

Manchu Warrior

It looks like the damage is only on the matting so no matter what, getting a real oil painting for $7 is a big win.

Most art or framing shops can clean or advise you how to clean an oil painting. I had an original watercolor that I was able to have treated and it revived the colors that I thought were faded into oblivion...

Nice find!

You really can't see them in my photos but unfortunately there are drips and stains on the painting itself. I have looked at few videos on cleaning oil painting and you can use everything form your saliva to bread. But they seem be only good for the dirt or grime that has built up on the painting over the years. I cannot seem to find any info on cleaning actual stains off of the paint. With that said I will keep looking and I appreciate the information. Thanks!