Howard victory clock

trenchrat1918

trenchrat1918

I finally had the chance to add a piece to my collection that I have been seeking for a number of years. The victory clock was made by Howard Clock Products during and just after WW2. There is wear to the finish of the clock and the case of the movement but the clock functions well. The workmanship on the case is rather crude especially around the eagle which is surprising as Howard was know for the quality of there clocks.Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Brian Keith

I picked one up a number of years ago, I always thought it was a high school shop wood project with the clock added.

Nice to know it was a production piece.

You can probably make it look a bit nicer with some products to reduce the wood finish damage. Even refinishing the wood might be in order.

BKW

trenchrat1918

The quality is surprisingly poor, it would be very easy to mistake these for a high school shop project . I haven't decided whether I'm going to refinish the clock or leave it as is, my brother who is a professional furniture guy offered to do it for me while I'm away at work. Wes