F-1G FIGHTING FALCON UNITS & BASES

firefighter

firefighter

138th TFS

174th TFW

Hancock Field

Syracuse, N.Y.

The units nickname for the guy on the lightning bolt is, Qu--r on a Spear.Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

From the 74 FS at Pope AFB. Only flew them for 3 years there. A collision with a C-130 in the traffic pattern led to numerous army casualties on the ground. The USAF concluded it was a bad mix with fast jets and cargo planes at Pope, and the F-16s were traded for A-10s. Original versions are done in silver tinsel thread, reported repros are done in gray.

Randy

post-8832-0-46762800-1500317685.jpg

From the 401st TFW at Torrejon AB, Spain. Spanish made. There is a rubberized version as well, but that has been heavily copied.

Randy

post-8832-0-75334900-1500317800.jpg

firefighter

Great looking patches. I never knew the 74th flew F-16s. Sad about the collision.Do you know if their 16's had shark teeth?

Great looking patches. I never knew the 74th flew F-16s. Sad about the collision.Do you know if their 16's had shark teeth?

Yes, they did. I have some pics of them somewhere. I was at Seymour Johnson at the time, they were frequent visitors. Heck, even the C-130s had teeth when they stood the 23 Wing up there in 1992.

Randy

firefighter

Yes, they did. I have some pics of them somewhere. I was at Seymour Johnson at the time, they were frequent visitors. Heck, even the C-130s had teeth when they stood the 23 Wing up there in 1992.

Randy

That's cool. I'd like to see them if you ever dig them up.I've never seen an F-16 with the shark teeth.

Another immediate postwar patch from the 34 FS with F-16Cs. Based with the 4404th Composite Wing (P) at Dhahran, this one was made at Olympic Embroidery downtown in the mall. Olympic made the best quality patches of all the places I visited there (and I hit 'em all!). It was still called Desert Storm for some time after the war, before being renamed Southern Watch.

Randy

post-8832-0-28730800-1500682154.jpg