• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Bocage

Bocage
  • Members
    • Member ID: 7,878
  • 160 posts

Posted 16 July 2017 - 09:39 PM

Hi, what do you think of this greenback 101st AB white tongue with tab? Looks good to me. Any considerations?  Best wishes and thanks to you all! Here's a link to my Evernote note with the pictures, as I have no other way of sharing them at this time :-/

#2 tarbridge

tarbridge

CHIEF MODERATOR

• Administrators
    • Member ID: 123
  • 12,808 posts

Posted 16 July 2017 - 10:37 PM

Please use the forum image hosting and not a outside hosting.The thread is wasted if not.

rps20170717_023637.jpg rps20170717_023322.jpg

#3 Allan H.

Allan H.
  • Members
    • Member ID: 151
  • 4,454 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 07:22 AM

The patch is original WWII. The tab is also original, but it appears to have been removed from another patch.

Allan

#4 firefighter

firefighter
  • Members
    • Member ID: 105,435
  • 11,035 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 10:06 AM

Nice looking patch. Is that the one on eBay?

#5 Bocage

Bocage
  • Members
    • Member ID: 7,878
  • 160 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 11:39 AM

Hi, thanks for you replies. First I am sorry I did not post through the forum message system - and thanks for posting the images @tarbridge​. I used No_outside_hosting before but that does not work anymore. Thought a link was allowed, too. I am sorry an will keep this in mind for the future.

Thanks for giving your opinion @Allan​. I appreciate your expertise on this matter. I am trying to distinguish the good from the 'bad and the ugly' ;-) Judging from the picture alone, I noticed that the back weave in the patch was different from the tab. Besides, the tab is a fraction wider, it seems... So I agree with you patch and tab were not produced together. The patch is a little worn around the tongue and the beak. It's not as crisp as some others are. But the back has this nice thick back thread that one sees on WW2 SSI. The lettering in the AIRBORNE tab looked a bit clumsy and made me doubt, but from the looks, the tab was fine also. Besides looks, there's the feel etc.

@firefighter:​ yeah this is a patch that was listed on eBay. What do you think?

Thanks all for you comments.

#6 firefighter

firefighter
  • Members
    • Member ID: 105,435
  • 11,035 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 12:23 PM

I agree with the others, it looks good. I don't remember what they were asking but they normally are a $200+ patch.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users

In Memory of Co-Founder GREG MILLS ROBINSON, a.k.a. "Marine-KaBar"
(February 17, 1949 - March 5, 2011)