Marine Corps enlistment sign. Late 50's early 60's opinoons please.

bheskett

I got this with a collection a while back and have finally dug it out. I am thinking with Korea being the last entry it must be from the late 50's time frame. It is metal double sided with both sides being clean with bright paint. Any ideas as to value and a definite time frame. I am not sure what I am going to do with it perhaps hang it from the ceiling.

post-3384-0-25651300-1500135257.jpg

Thanks

Bob

I found these that have sold in the past. Hope that helps.

30 x 40 Double Sided Metal Marine Recruiting Advertising Sign--U.S.Marines 1950s

1_7cac104c2179f3b7cb63023a85fa3f54.jpg

[ Zoom (3) ]

Sold For: $250.00 USD - Date: 12/9/2016 5PM - Channel: Online Auction - Source: eBay

Category: Unknown Category - Original Category: Collectibles:Militaria:Militaria (Date Unknown):Marine Corps

Perfect Christmas gift for your Marines vet.
Large 30 x 40" double sided recruiting sign for U S Marines.
Titled "Time Tested" with a listing of all combat, started with Revolutionary War to Korea. At the bottom it says US Marines.
At the bottom of each side, it says NAVMC 6653. I am guessing it is from the 1950's but have no proof.
It definitely was used but still is in very good condition. Please look at pictures carefully as they pretty accurately show the wear.
Please ask any questions before bidding.

VINTAGE Marine Corps Recruiting Sign, 30 x 39 Double Sided Metal TIN Sign

1_575ebe0f80571e87e0a39d96be18b298.jpg

[ Zoom (3) ]

Sold For: $500.00 USD - Date: 10/23/2013 5AM - Channel: Online Auction - Source: eBay

Category: Militaria/War Memorabilia - Original Category: Collectibles : Militaria : Vietnam (1961-75) : Original Period Items : Other

VINTAGE DOUBLE SIDED METAL MARINES RECRUTING SIGN IN EXCELLENT CONDITION !! STILL HAS PROTECTIVE PAPER ON 1 SIDE .. HAD BOTH BUT 1 SIDE WAS OFF WHEN I PURCHASED IT . CORNERS WERE TAPED TO PROTECT THEM .. SIGN LOOKS GREAT , NEVER DISPLAYED , PAINT AND METAL ARE GREAT .. NICEST 1 I EVER SAW ..

This listing is for a large vintage 1960's Marine Corps recruiting sign. This sign would have been hung at a recruiting center or special recruiting event and is a very large, double sided, metal (probably steel) sign. This particular version features a Marine insignia with a list of all the wars the Marines have fought in behind it. The top of the sign says "Time Tested" and the bottom says "U.S. Marines". This is a beautiful piece that we believe to be from 60's during the Vietnam War rush for military enrollment. This piece would make a great addition to any vintage military collection, and would be perfect for any Vietnam Veterans or collectors! This sign would look great in your home, office, restaurant, bar or man cave as well!

Vtg 1960's Marine Corps Recruiting Sign, 30 x 39 Double Sided Metal Sign Vietnam

1_8aa65d320497cc038c6a45647db7d491.jpg

[ Zoom (1) ]

Sold For: $225.00 USD - Date: 6/14/2013 11PM - Channel: Online Auction - Source: eBay

Category: Militaria/War Memorabilia - Original Category: Collectibles : Militaria : Vietnam (1961-75) : Original Period Items : Other

Item Photos
- free eBay photo hosting Item Photos
- free eBay photo hosting

DETAILS
Vintage 1960's

Marine Corps Recruiting Sign

30" x 39"

Double Sided Metal Sign

Vietnam Era

PLEASE SEE OUR OTHER AUCTIONS

FOR MORE

OF THESE SIGNS and MILITARY COLLECTIBLES!!!

This listing is for a large vintage 1960's Marine Corps recruiting sign. This sign would have been hung at a recruiting center or special recruiting event and is a very large, double sided, metal (probably steel) sign. This particular version features a Marine insignia with a list of all the wars the Marines have fought in behind it. The top of the sign says "Time Tested" and the bottom says "U.S. Marines". This is a beautiful piece that we believe to be from 60's during the Vietnam War rush for military enrollment. This piece would make a great addition to any vintage military collection, and would be perfect for any Vietnam Veterans or collectors! This sign would look great in your home, office, restaurant, bar or man cave as well!

This piece is marked on the bottom corner: NAVMC 6653M

Condition: This sign is vintage and shows signs of wear and use from over the years. The sign is metal and has been installed outside at some point, so there is some oxidation and discoloration. The paint is chipping in a few places (particularly the edges) and one side is worse than the other. Overall this is in decent condition, with approximately 75% of the original lithograph print in tact. There is some red paint splashed on this sign as well. These are very rare, and this one has a nice vintage patina look to it. Please see photos for condition details and ask us any questions before bidding.

Dimensions: Approximately 30" wide and 39" tall.

Original 1950's Viet Nam Era USMC Recruiting Poster " Time Tested U.S. Marines

1_5457a8d8b084a655a48d144e0729b8d9.jpg

[ Zoom (3) ]

Sold For: $120.00 USD - Date: 6/10/2013 3AM - Channel: Online Auction - Source: eBay

Category: Militaria/War Memorabilia - Original Category: Collectibles : Militaria : Vietnam (1961-75) : Original Period Items : Posters & Prints

Original 1950's Viet Nam Era USMC Recruiting Poster " Time Tested U.S. Marines "

We are selling an Original Viet Nam Era USMC Recruiting Poster Titled " Time Tested U.S. Marines " This poster is Circa 1957 and measures 28"x 40" It is clean and ready for framing.It has several tears on the edges, They can all be matted out by a good framer( see pictures ). The poster is marked on the bottom NAVMAC 6653 & U.S. Government Printing Offic . Excellent Graphics.

This is an Original Poster NOT A REPRINT.... I have found a lot in a local house of aprox. 25 original Marine Recruiting posters from the 1950's-1960's era. Both Korea & Viet Nam. I will be selling them on Ebay in the coming months.They will be shipped in heavy paper shipping tubes.******** Email with any questions.

1950/60s Marine Corps metal recruiting poster sign

1_4712c13dd79f8081ff0c74d349125b6f.jpg

[ Zoom (3) ]

Sold For: $116.17 USD - Date: 2/13/2011 1PM - Channel: Online Auction - Source: eBay

Category: Militaria/War Memorabilia - Original Category: Collectibles : Militaria : Vietnam (1961-75) : Original Period Items : Posters & Prints

This is a large and rare U.S. Marine Corps recruiting sign from the late 1950s/early 1960s. It is made of heavy duty metal, for outdoor use no doubt. Measuring 30.5 x 40", double-sided, it is marked only "NAVMC 6653M" in small print at bottom. The message is clear: TIME TESTED U.S. MARINES with list of major combat actions through the years, ending at Korea. Clearly this dates it as Vietnam had yet to occur. Condition is generally good and bright, with some normal wear scratches as seen from the photographs. This sign weighs over 25 lbs. and because of its size, may be expensive to ship.