Can't Win Em All

Ronnie

This incredibly beautiful 1911 walked into my office today. I almost passed out. The fellow asked me to tell him what he had. So I did then I asked how much he wanted for it. He said....."it ain't for sale". Wow that really did knock the wind out of me. His girl friend had given it to him. She works at a Pawn Shop. She thought he might like it. Works at a Pawn Shop! Bet I can guess what they gave for it.....not much. At any rate I have posted some of my crummy photos for you all to see. The photos don't do this piece justice. The lighting in my office makes the gun appear to have a lot of wear. Which it doesn't. Shipped in March of 1917 to Rock Island Arsenal.

Thanks.

Ronnie

post-7752-0-16454000-1499988531.jpg

post-7752-0-94695800-1499988561.jpg

post-7752-0-33790800-1499988575.jpg

post-7752-0-21483200-1499988588.jpg

My first comment to the fellow was.....I'm not sure this gun has not been re-finished. The more I looked at the more unsure I was. When he left I was pretty convinced it was good. Is it the finish that gives it away Robert?

Ronnie...just joking...you can't get a fix with the photography work anyway.

I will say after 28 years in the Pawn Business I bought many things not for sale...by offering lots of money :)

I threw some heavy duty dollars out there and he didn't budge. The fellow has more money than noodles on a poodle. So he isn't motivated by money. He also had a WWI or II German Anti Tank Rifle. I think it was called a Boyz Gun or something like that. This was about five years ago.....I couldn't get that either.

Thanks Robert.

We can't win them All...can we?

You will get the next one, plus you got to see a nice pistol...

There is a pawn shop that has a decent MKII with about half of the yellow paint on it. Saw it and asked how much, guy said its not for sale and asked me what it was. Told him a grenade. Offered him $75.00 for it, still not for sale. Went back yesterday, its their" Complaint department, take a number" is attached to the pin, cute, real cute. Pretty sure they gave someone $5.00 for it knowing the shop.