Gen. Noriega's Personal Party Flag

vintageproductions

vintageproductions

So, at least in my mind, the best piece I bought at the Old Fort MacArthur Days event was this piece.

It is the flag that General Noriega had in his main office before the invasion.

You see a lot of these type Panamanian flags but they are usually pretty cheaply made. This one is super high quality with bullion embroidery.

With it was the letter from the veteran who brought it home, a Noriega envelope and the photo of the general that is mentioned in the letter.

Needless to say, I felt I had a great weekend.

nor1.jpg

nor2.jpg

nor3.jpg

Very cool Bob

I personally know one of the Rangers who was the first three in the office.He and the other two assaulted and breached the Commandancia.He spoke of secureing a couple flags in the main office and getting calling cards off Noriegs desk

Sgt. Stubby

I remember hilarious news accounts about how the US forces had Noriega's compound under seige and were blasting "rock and roll music" at a zillion decibels 24 hours a day. When I hreard they were playing Gun's and Roses (a local L.A. band) and The Clash --- I practically shot milk out my nose!

Bob, this was originally sold by an auction house About ten minutes from where I live now. Same auction as the killer OSS grouping that got spilt up on eBay. The original price was a steal as the item was a real sleeper. Unfortunately I had spent all my dough by the time it came up. I can give you the original owner info if you want.

vintageproductions

Hunter thanks for the info. The guy I bought from did say it came out of an auction of some military museum that had closed.