Vintage Engineer Light Set/ Paratrooper Pendants

Hogan

I'm a bit confused about what I'm looking at there. Please tell me what a paratrooper pendant is. Perhaps I'm a bit dense or I could blame it on old age.

RustyCanteen

I'm a bit confused about what I'm looking at there. Please tell me what a paratrooper pendant is. Perhaps I'm a bit dense or I could blame it on old age.

The luminescent markers I would assume; usually packed with bailey bridge equipment, etc. for marking things at night.

Click on the link in the first posts. It explains this was a set made for use by airborne troops.

That is a new one on me, but that is what the information says.

The text says:

A run of salvaged American paratrooper pendants used by the US Army in 1943 during WWII.

The conical enamel shade has been sensitively refurbished, retaining the slight wear and surface patina to the matt surface.

These lights were once a component part of the electrical lighting chests which were flown in and dropped to troops on the ground. The chests provided everything they needed to set up the lights in a temporary camp including lampholders, switches, fuses, lamps, tape and shades.

Each light is supplied with a new bayonet (B22) lamp holder and 2mtrs of twisted old gold braided cable and ceiling plate. (If you would prefer a different colour cable just let us know.)

To me it looks genuine but I am far from an expert.