Monogram 1/48 Scale B-17G - Looking for a crew

Sgt. BARney

Sgt. BARney

I picked up a Monogram B-17G model kit in 1/48 scale at fleamarket this weekend. The box is open and pretty beat up, but the kit appears to be complete. It comes with several figures doing ground crew stuff, but I would like to build the kit and display as if it were in flight.

Is there somewhere I can get a set of figures for a crew in-flight for this kit? Maybe after-market?

I am not a hard-core modeler and most of what I have done over the years has been 1/35 armor and figures (WW2 PTO USMC and Japanese). I know there are a lot of after-market specialty detail parts for that line of modeling, so I am hoping a similar line of specialty stuff exists for planes. I was also thinking the figures which came with the kit might be modified and used for crew members in flight, but my kit-bash efforts usually result in Frankenstein looking figures...

Thanks in advance for any leads or suggestions!

itshistory

The Monogram PRO-MODELER B-17G came with a sprue containing 5 figures for "inflight" posing. Two pilots, a bombardier and two waist gunners. Maybe someone has them and did not use them.

IH

Rakkasan187

There is a hobby shop I go to on occasion that may have some crew member kits, after market of course.. I can take a look the next time I go and give you feedback..

Leigh