PHR Purple Heart returned to family...now on EBay for Sale

tarbridge

Yes Sir...this medal had been returned to a nephew by PHR...that means they probably spent thousands of dollars in motel accommodations, car rentals,meals, plane tickets and incidentals. Evidently the family didn't care to keep it...this just proves PHR and it's justifications are fallible. So, now the group can end in the possession of a caring collector, Pfc Barrett can have the honor and respect deserved of his sacrifice.

https://purpleheartsreunited.org/heart/pfc-lloyd-m-barrett/

http://www.ebay.com/itm/World-War-2-Purple-Heart-With-Soldier-s-ID-Tag-Boxes-And-Award-Papers-/112463877400?hash=item1a2f5e9518:g:728AAOSw6ShZVwd7

So much for this concept working. The family sold it in the first place because they didn't want it ... returning it to them just means they will sell it again.

It feels good to be vindicated. Nice work everyone.

The listing on PHR's website and them being instrumental in the return to the nephew.

rps20170701_091746.jpgrps20170701_091846.jpg

Thanks for posting. I wonder how PHR would comment on this? Regardless of what ones opinion is of them, they spent a lot of money and put a lot of effort into reuniting the medal with the family. And it was all for nothing.

Personal property rights are at the heart of this issue (as often stated on this forum), and this case proves it once again. Some folks on Capitol Hill need to take note.

Thanks to A.J. for Bird dogging them out.He has been hunting and waiting...

Thanks to A.J. for Bird dogging them out.He has been hunting and waiting...

My pleasure ... I knew a family would resell eventually... and this morning... there it was. Glad I could help Robert!

They cannot explain this one away.

When you talk to your congressmen... this is the only example you need.

They want to end property rights and disrupt 200 years of honored profession of militaria collecting FOR THIS? NEVER gonna happen.

peterson45

It just goes to show that you can't force someone to care and by doing so puts important pieces of history at risk.

This should be woven in to a media story somehow. IMO it shows the true nature of this issue, and is quite embarrassing for PHR...and upsetting to their donors

Schofield1943

The ultimate irony. At a minimum a copy of the PHR story and the eBay listing should be sent to the bill's original sponsor.

The listing says selling for the family estate. I wonder if the nephew they were returned to 2 years ago passed away?

This should be woven in to a media story somehow. IMO it shows the true nature of this issue, and is quite embarrassing for PHR...and upsetting to their donors

I'm sure Robert and Jeff Floyd are already working on that. It is hard to explain away and something we all suspected would happen. I'm just surprised we found a example so quickly.

Robert/Jeff.. .An OP ED nationwide would be nice.

Amazing, good work. This isn't the only case too.

I've checked every Purple Heart for sale against PHR for a long time now. There may be other private sales that we will never see. But this is the first public sale tied to PHR I have seen since Robert brought this matter to my attention a long time ago.

KUDOS to Robert and Jeff for spearheading this effort.

I tried to buy a local unnamed PH that was pulled from a goodwill online auction.....When I talked to them, I was told they couldn't sell and were told there was a foundation who could get it back to the family...Really?...The ones who likely donated it in the first place?.....And how would they identify the family of an unnamed PH?....People are so gullible and such fools...Bodes

Pete-o MSU

One of us collectors needs to own this one. We will appreciate the sacrifice and keep his memory alive. Good job AJ.

The ultimate irony. At a minimum a copy of the PHR story and the eBay listing should be sent to the bill's original sponsor.

The listing says selling for the family estate. I wonder if the nephew they were returned to 2 years ago passed away?

This proves a busted idealistic solution to a imaginary problem...won't work.It was returned to the family fold only to be offered for sale...again.

One of us collectors needs to own this one. We will appreciate the sacrifice and keep his memory alive. Good job AJ.

I already reached out to the seller... I told him we want this medal really bad. It needs to be in a museum. The Purple Heart that saved private property rights.

Schofield1943

This proves a busted idealistic solution to a imaginary problem...won't work.It was returned to the family fold only to be offered for sale...again.

It also proves the concept that families are not eternal. Even if you return every PH at some point down the line they will wind up in an estate looking to be disposed of - whether through an antique shop like this one or the trash can.

Ironically... just yesterday ... Robert and Jeff posted a call to action about S.R. 765 ... Now we have all the ammunition we need ... time to contact your representatives. CALL TO ACTION.

Pete-o MSU

It also proves the concept that families are not eternal. Even if you return every PH at some point down the line they will wind up in an estate looking to be disposed of - whether through an antique shop like this one or the trash can.

Agree. Not sure why the PHR defenders can't accept that the "best" place for a medal may (not every time) be with a collector who will care for and preserve it.

Unfortunately, if they thought as we do there would be no problem. So, we must continue to dog every step they take.